Wednesday, September 04, 2013

...cauliflower 'steak'...

...now that sounds like my kinda steak...

...it was actually the Man who found this recipe and suggested that we try it...surprise...surprise...

...recipe from Epicurious...
...get a nice organic head of cauliflower...
...cut off the stalk...
...slice into steaks...
...chop up the leftover florets...to make the relish...
...my olives were 'mixed' so I had to separate them and take the pits out of the black ones...
...chop up some fresh parsley...
...add some fresh lemon juice...I'll show you what I did with the leftover lemon juice later...
...we were supposed to have sundried tomatoes...but I didn't have any on hand...so we made some semi-dried tomatoes in the dehydrator...
...chopped and added those...
...and the relish was done...and it is so delicious...I could eat a whole bowlful of just this relish...although next time...I'll cut down on the parsley a little bit...it was a little too strong for my taste...
...next you brown the 'steaks' in a little bit of olive oil...then they go into the oven...
...then in the same pan...brown your plum tomatoes and garlic for the sauce...
...then roast that in the oven alongside the cauliflower...
...then puree the tomatoes and garlic...
...pour the sauce on a plate...
...take your roasted cauliflower steaks out of the oven...we roasted ours about 20 minutes and they were perfect...
...put it on the plate with the sauce...
...and top with the relish...
...it makes quite a pretty plate...
...we're having perfectly gorgeous early fall weather here...
...so we decided to have our 'steaks' al fresco...
...this is just the most delicious thing I've had in months...
...you should definitely try it...

...recipe from Epicurious...again...

~Have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Amazing how grilling brings out the "steak" flavor. I'll try that. I have roasted caulifloweretts (Is that a word?) but the slices will work better. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, you are really making me hungry!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of steak too! What a creative idea to make cauliflower into a steak! What a pretty table as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look good, might just try it. The table looked lovely, we are also having lovely weather. It will make the winter shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a dish I could enjoy ;-)

    ReplyDelete