Saturday, January 03, 2009

Grandma's Baby Blanket

When we were visiting down south this past summer - my Grandma said she would like to have a baby doll to hold - I thought it was sweet - so we got her one for Christmas - it should be noted that she is not the least bit embarrassed by wanting a baby doll...
So I I cast on 80 stitches and knitted up a little square afghan out of some leftover Bernat Baby in white...

I added a little triangle worked over the last 30 stitches - I cast off one stitch at the middle each row for 10 rows and then every other row for 10 rows and then every row - so it makes a sort of little bubble to fit the head into.

I folded that back right sides together and stitched it.

I did one row of single crochet around the entire afghan - on the folded over part just single crochet into the knit loop.

When I came up the last side I single crocheted across the hood and then went ahead and did the shell stitch border back across.

Then I finished the SC up the last side - that left me with just a square to do the shell stitch border around.

It turned out super cute and soft - I hope she likes it a lot.

My Baby First Step is modeling the blanket for you...

6 comments:

  1. Grandma told me she got the blanket and loves it and the doll. It is a very pretty blanket. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, very sweet! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is beautiful! I'll have to try that sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job! Very sweet of you to make this for your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take a picture of the doll and blanket on Friday and post it on my blog. E

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete