Friday, November 11, 2016

...Super Simple (and Quick) Light and Lacy Shawl Pattern...

Materials:
one (approx.) 7 oz skein of worsted weight yarn - I used a skein (almost whole) from the N.O.A.H. closet at church...I think it's Red Heart...
a crochet hook - I used size H...

Size
(approx.) 24" x 54" (without fringe)

Directions
Chain 89
Single crochet in second chain from needle and in each chain. (88 sts.)
Chain 6, turn
Row 1: Skip 2 sc, dc in third sc, *chain 5, skip 5 sc, dc in 6th sc, (repeat from *), chain 6, turn
All Other Rows: Skip 2 sc, dc around the loop created by the chain 5 below, *chain 5, dc around the loop created by the next chain 5 below, (repeat from *), final double crochet on each row will be in the third chain of the chain 6 loop below, chain 6, turn
Final Row: (I just stopped when I was getting close to running out of yarn)...
ch 1, turn, sc in each ch.
Add fringe if desired...
...and I love the sort of honeycomb effect of the lacy stitches...
...but I thought it needed a bit of a fringe...to look really 'finished'...

...so I wrapped the yarn around a piece of fringe-sized cardboard...

...I had stopped crocheting when I did in order to have enough yarn left for the fringe...but the entire shawl is one large skein of yarn...no label...but it looks like regular old Red Heart...probably a 7 oz. skein...but probably not a full one (almost though)...as I got it out of the N.O.A.H. closet and it didn't have a label...
...then I cut all the threads along the bottom of the cardboard...
...and I had a pile of fringe pieces of yarn...
...I loop them end to end...so that the fringe will be even...
...then insert the hook into the loop...
...and pull it through the stitch...one for each stitch in the end border single crochets...
...then grab both of the end threads with the hook...
...and pull them back through the loop...
...88 x 2...
...a nice light and lacy shawl...for a bit of warmth without the weight...

***Note***This pattern has not been 'tested'...I just wrote down what I did to create this shawl...so if you have any problems...please email me using the contact Affectioknit button in the sidebar...

Thanks!

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. neat-o...especially how you made the fringe!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete