Wednesday, January 30, 2013

..Centered Cross Prayer Shawl...

...the long promised and never appearing Centered Cross Prayer Shawl pattern...
...this prayer shawl is super easy to make...the only tricky part is making sure that you have enough yarn to finish after the cross... ...the cross should rest center back when the shawl is worn over the shoulders...

...it's much the same as other bordered prayer shawls that I've made...
...I used 1 large skein of Red Heart and one skein of some fuzzy yarn that were in the bin at the Prayer Shawl Ministry at Church...sorry I can't be more specific...and I only had these two little bits left over when I was done...I love it when that happens...

...and so without further ado...

The Centered Cross Prayer Shawl

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS

a rectangle about 20 x 40

MATERIALS:

Red Heart Worsted Weight and a complimentary skein of another colour

Recommended needle size:

1 set US #10
1 size K crochet hook

GAUGE:

gauge is not terribly important

DIRECTIONS:

cast on 70 stitches

Using colour A - knit in stockinette stitch for 100 rows

Cross Pattern

Row 1: K 33, YO, K2tog, K35
Row 2: Purl across

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 two more times.

Center Cross Row: K 28, YO, K2tog - 9 times - K 24

Repeat Rows 1 and 2 - 3 times.

Knit 100 rows in stockinette stitch then bind off.

Using colour B - and size K hook - single crochet a a border evenly around, having 3 sc in each corner stitch.

...and I'm so sorry that it took me so long to write up the pattern...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. My trick for working patterns where the half point on the yarn is important is to weigh the yarn out on my kitchen scale and wind it into two equal balls based on weight (this does create an extra set of ends to weave in.....).

    ReplyDelete