Friday, January 04, 2008

Panta Headband and Matching wrist warmers


I made a Panta Headband - Panta is apparently the Finnish word for Headband - so my title is rather redundant.
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=86&d_id=10&lang=us
I love Panta's ridges - I had enough yarn left over to make a pair of mitts to match.



These keep me cozy when I'm typing or playing...

Never fear that icy cold on your wrists in between your gloves and cuffs again...
Panta Wrist Warmers
Cast on 40 stitches and divide evenly among 3 needles and place a marker. Work in the round in Knit 2 Purl 2 ribbing - knitting each knit stitch and purling each purl stitch as it faces you for 44 rounds. I knit two extra stitches onto each needle so that I don't get any funny looking ridges - but if you can keep things nice and tight that won't be necessary for you.

For the thumb hole:

After you’ve knit the 44 rounds - when you get to your marker - just turn the work and start working back and forth over the stitches - you will still knit each knit stitch and purl each purl stitch as it faces you - then after you’ve worked 12 rows back and forth - put your marker back on at the end of the 12th row and just start knitting in the round again for 5 more rows and cast off in ribbing.

6 comments:

  1. The title is a little redundant, but who cares :)
    It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I came across the knitting pattern for wrist warmers the other day that you posted back in 2008. In my usual confused way I have a question on the two extra stitches that you added. So you cast on 42 stitches instead of 40 (then proceeded with the pattern)? Also, do you have any idea how much yarn you used for the pair? Okay, one more question - promise...these would be for my sister who is tiny including her hands - would these be too big for her?

    I appreciate your time in taking to read my ramblings! "Thank You" ~Dona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dona,

    No you don't cast on 42 - just 40 and the 2 extra stitches are just really moved from one needle to the next - it's just to keep from having loose stitches where the needles separate...and yes I think these would probably be a little large but the ribbing is pretty stretchy - still you might go down one needle size - I used less than one skein for the wrist warmers... I hope that helps - let me know if you have any more questions.

    Thanks for stopping by...

    Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love these and am making my 3rd set !!! These are my go to armwarmers as they are simple and look great in any yarn I have picked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy! I'm so glad you like them!

    Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha! I've just parcelled up some wristwarmer knitted on two needles.

    One day, the four needle thing will just fall into place for me. I can knit a tube on two needles though, pretty clever huh!

    ReplyDelete