Wednesday, January 30, 2008

ETL

Y'all probably don't remember this - but about a year and a half ago - I read Dr. Fuhrman's book Eat To Live. I'd just seen a lot of hype about it on the net - y'all know I'm no dieter. But the book was a good (fairly vegan friendly) read. One of the recipes that I loved was for 'Date-Nut Pop'ems'. It's available on the website at http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/healthy-food-date-nut-popems.html - just 2 ingredients - nuts and dates - and YUM! These are better than cookies.

I just throw a handful of each kind of nut in the food processor...

...add a couple of dates and process...

...then pinch them into little shapes...

I keep them in a little jar on the counter until they're devoured - then I make some more...

1 comment:

  1. hey, that's amazing, we have that book too! i followed his theory for a while about a year or so ago - ate lots of lentils and beans. actually felt very good (after a short "adjustment" time!) seems like very sound reasoning.

    the date/nut balls look yummy - i'll have to try that

    love, k

    ReplyDelete