Monday, April 16, 2012

...Super Simple Triangular Shawlette - Free Pattern...

...I know I promised to write up the pattern for the little shawlette that I wore with my Easter dress...so here ya go...

...front view...

...and a back view...

...I had bought a little box of Sirdar Snowflake yarn at a Church Basement Sale before we left North Dakota...the top of the little booklet says $2.50...so I may have paid that much for it...but it seems unlikely...probably more like $1.00...but I don't really remember...there were 3 balls of yarn in the box with the little pattern booklet...and I planned to make a prayer shawl with it...as it turns out I can make 2 of these little shawlettes with that much yarn...one to keep and one to give...

...here's a photo of the entire shawlette...

Super Simple Triangular Shawlette


FINISHED MEASUREMENTS

a triangle about 42 x 24

MATERIALS:

Sirdar Snowflake DK - Colourway: SH374 - you'll need 2 50 gram balls - but you won't even use half of the second ball

Recommended needle size:

1 set US #10

GAUGE:

gauge is not terribly important

DIRECTIONS:

cast on 3 stitches

knit in stockinette stitch increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row for 6 rows (9 sts)

knit 1 - place marker

CENTER PATTERN:

knit 2 together

YO

knit 3

YO

sl1k1psso

end CENTER PATTERN:

place marker - knit 1

continue in stockinette stitch increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row - at the same time working center pattern between markers every 5th row until you have 110 stitches

knit 2 rows even in pattern

bind off

...I hope you like the pattern...let me know if you knit a shawl...I'd love to see it...

3 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Once I finish my projects that are on the needles now I will have to cast on one! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I love the back!

    ReplyDelete