Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back to School

The Man-Cub went back to school today with some new belt tags hanging from his backpack...

he wears a little Tae Kwon Do belt on his backpack - one for each belt he's passed.
I order these from our Master - who orders them where he gets the belts - the funny thing is that they sell a purple trim belt that has white trim - but these keyring belts only come with black trim. I needed one with white trim - so I ordered two purple ones and removed the tag with a seam ripper and pryed the grommet with a screwdriver. Then I made a bias tape out of some white cotton sheeting and stitched that around the tag - then I tucked the edge under the grommet and hammered that back down and stitched the tag back on and Voila a properly colored purple trim belt tag.

He got these in his stocking for Christmas...

I'll have to do this again for Brown trim and Red trim - so now I've got the technique down pat...
And the purple belt has been moved to the belt rack in the Man-Cub's room...

0 comments:

Post a Comment