Thursday, January 17, 2013

...Christmas...continued...

...y'all probably already know that we were unable to make the trek (albeit a much shorter trek than the one from North Daktoa) south to North Carolina the week after Christmas due to the weather...

...so...sadly, we missed the family gala...

...I packed up our gifties last week when it bacame clear that we wouldn't be able to try for another trip until after Easter...and then yesterday...we got a little return package full of Christmas goodies in the mail...
...that little teapot is not a teapot at all...but a sweet little candle holder...with a pretty little cardinal...interestingly the State Bird of both North Carolina and West Viriginia...
...and the box was the perfect size to pack away my Christmas dishes...I'm still finding little Christmas doo-dads around the house...I have a little collection of them in the laundry room that I still need to put in the bins...
...also in the package are these old books from my sweet sister...
...I do love old books...

...the front pages of this old French grammar book are missing so I can't tell when it was printed...but I love the writing and drawings throughout...
...it's a French grammar book...in French...not a book to teach people how to speak French...
...and I love these detailed doodles in the back...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: