Monday, November 14, 2016

...Fall N.O.A.H. Retreat...

...we had our Fall N.O.A.H. Prayer Shawl retreat...and I gathered up my squares for the Sweet Little Blue Baby Blanket...
...and gathered with an eclectic group of women...ranging from 'tweens and teens...to young professionals...to middle aged professionals (ahem)...to retirees...

...we had so much fun visiting and sharing and knitting and crocheting for a few hours...
...I was pleasantly surprised to see the youngest in the group working diligently on their projects...and contributing to the conversation...we have such an amazing group of young people in this parish...
...and so I finished the Sweet Little Blue Baby Blanket...just 20 granny squares and a border...

...so now I'm sure you want to know what vegan snacks I took...
...first I went on a search for a cheese-sized square-ish container...and settled on using my old-old green recipe box...you can read about it here...

...so I lined it with parchment for easy cheese removal...
...guess what I found in the bottom of the box...

...now that's something you don't see every day...Green Stamps...

...I'll be putting those right back in the box once I'm done using it for vegan cheese...
...I used Julie Hasson's Pepper Jack Cheese recipe...you can read about that here...

...but I clicked on that link and I can't find the recipe...so if you want it...just email me (there's a link on the sidebar) and I'll share it...I have it copied in my binder...
...just poured it into the box...
...let it set up...nice and firm...
...then lifted the parchment and it came right out...easie-peasie...
...but that was a pretty large block of vegan cheese...
...so I cut it in half...and it looks just like the blocks you can buy at the grocery...

...so I put it on a tray with some crackers...and that's what I took to the retreat for a snack...everyone loved it...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

5 comments:

  1. looks like a perfect "fall" activity!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you can get together and have fun and fellowship doing something for others. I'll bet they enjoyed that cheese. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to teach myself to crochet granny squares right now. This isn't a craft I am a natural at, but progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your posts always leave me hungry! ;)

      Delete
  4. I do love crocheted squares.

    ReplyDelete