Tuesday, May 19, 2015

...practice cupcakes...

...Scout requested red-white-and-blue cupcakes for his Eagle Scout Ceremony reception...

...so I thought I'd probably better do a practice run and perfect a simple recipe...
...and since everyone loves my 'wacky cake' - which I usually make chocolate...I thought I'd try a vanilla version of that...you start with flour...I used self-rising...
...and then you make three little indentions in the flour...
...one for vanilla...(I'll be using clear for the 'white' ones)...one for vinegar...and a larger one for the oil...
...then you add your water all at once...
...give it a quick whisk...
...this recipe made 9 rather large nicely domed cupcakes...

...I'll be using cupcake liners...and I probably won't fill them quite as full...so let's say 10 cupcakes per recipe...
...I iced these with chocolate...but on 'the day'...they'll have white icing and red-white-and-blue sprinkles...
~Have a lovely day!

2 comments: