Wednesday, October 09, 2019

...10.9...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...my cheapo slippers were falling apart...and just because something is cheap doesn't mean that I don't want to get all of the wear out of it that I can...
...they didn't need to be re-soled (yet)...so I just used my heavy duty sewing machine to stitch up the failed side seam...and they were as good as new...
...the last time we took Jack in his crate (which he absolutely loves btw)...when we got home...I tossed his little crate sized bed into the washing machine...and when it came out the zipper was broken...really broken...the metal piece that zips up the teeth was actually broken...not just off it's track...weird...
...and this is after I got all of the pieces of foam out of the washer...it used to be one waffled sheet of foam...but when the zipper broke in the washer...the foam was able to escape...and it got thoroughly chewed up into pieces...so...I just ripped up the remaining large chunks...and now it's more like a foam piece pillow...
...so...I put all of the stuffing back into the pillow...and stitched that closed...an easy fix...
...and now it's a soft and lumpy pillow...instead of a flat one...
...and it kind of fits into the house better...and is poofier...Jack loves it...he spins around on it and mashes it down with his feet in the cutest way possible...making his little bed...it's so sweet...
...then in knitting news...I needed some new grey socks...and I found this speckled actually black and white cotton yarn...which looks kind of heathery grey...and under trousers...really who will know...
...any way...I only have one skein for each sock...and I don't want to run out of yarn...so I'm starting with waste yarn just above the heel of my favorite top down sock pattern...
...and after I finish the toe...I'll use whatever yarn I have left and knit up to the cuff...so they may be anklets...haha...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Jack-Jack!! I bet that foam was a mess in the washer! Glad it all worked out. No "soft goods" in my workbasket now....just nerdy boat stuff. Love, K

    ReplyDelete