Tuesday, December 31, 2019

...Air Force Basic Training Scrapbook...

...I thought I'd go ahead and post about the Christmas Present W.I.P.'s...that I couldn't post about before...and I'll start with Our Airman's Basic Training Scrapbook...because I started it first...and it took the longest to complete...
...I had one Air Force Scrapbook 'kit'...and a bunch of different papers...camouflage, several flag ones...a couple of camping ones left over from Scouting...and some with maps...a bunch of flag stickers and some other Air Force 'sayings' that I just printed out on the printer...

...the preliminary photos came from the dvd we bought when we went for graduation...they actually had a photographer who followed the recruits around and took photos...so I just had to view about 1500 photos and pick out the ones that had Our Airman in them...which is not as easy as it sounds...because they really do all look pretty much alike...and it was hilarious when we were looking through the scrapbook together on Christmas day...and there's a photo of Our Airman stuffing his face in the DFAC...but...you guessed it...it's not him...hahaha...

...I had a 50% off email from Shutterfly so I had about 125 photos printed...a lot of the later photos y'all have seen because we took them while we were in San Antonio...
...for the cover...I just bought a standard school 3 ring binder...and printed out the U.S. Air Force letters...Basic Training block...and the dates on a little metal looking tab...laminated them all...and glued them to the binder with E6000...

...oh...and that little tiny hat...the Man found it on Etsy and ordered it for the Airman's Baby for Christmas...so here's cute a photo of her wearing the little hat...
...amazing how much she looks like her Daddy...
...now here are few pages of the early days at Basic Training...basic issue...getting their gear...boots/uniforms/duffel...etc...
...some photos of Our Airman in the band...
...and just going about his day as a trainee...
...and he was such a champ at the Gas Chamber...

...I had a lot of fun making the scrapbook...and Our Airman really seems to like it...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool and I'm sure he does like it. I love the "50th Bday" book Mom made for all of us.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete