Monday, December 02, 2013

...Operation Christmas Child...

...I meant to show you our Christmas Child boxes for this year...
...we did fill our boxes and get them to the church on time...

...our boxes are pretty typical...a jump rope, a ball, socks, tee shirt, comb, toothbrush, lip balm, soap and a washcloth, coloring book and crayons (we thought the double-ended-two-coloured Disney ones were so cute), some hard candy, and a soft and cuddly little lovie...
...it always amazes me how much we can stuff into the boxes...

...we've been so busy that I didn't quite keep this little project on the radar screen and get this post up in time for you to build your own shoebox...

...so I was so happy when I went to the site to check the dates to find that you can still build a Shoebox online...how cool is that...

...so if it's in your budget and you'd still like to get in on the Christmas Child JOY...GO HERE!...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. sweet!! i'm sure they'll treasure the boxes!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link! I've seen a few people doing this, but I didn't know exactly what it was for. What a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! We did that too. The girls, well really Cordelia, really got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since seeing your Christmas boxes when I first started reading your blog we have done them every year.

    Since the shoe shop who took them in has closed down we do them online.

    So worthwhile. However, I had to smile when I read no toy snakes for African children - I'm not surprised!

    ReplyDelete