Friday, February 10, 2017

...Vegan Fish Cakes...

...I had an open box of Sophie's Vegan Fish Filets...that had two filets left...and it was nearing it's expire date...so I wanted to use them up...so I thought I'd transform them into some vegan fish cakes...
...I mixed up some flax seed and water to make a vegan egg replacer...
...I really wish I'd written this all down...but sadly I did not...but I think I could probably recreate something pretty similar...just from the pictures...

...I added some parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper...Old Bay Seasoning (of course)...and a little nooch...

...then I crumbled up some saltine crackers...and mixed in some bread crumbs...
...and flaked the vegan fish...
...and mixed everything together just with my hands...
...formed it into patties...and put it on a baking sheet lined with parchment...and added some tofu...just because I bake tofu just about any time the oven is on for any reason...
...just baked until they were brown and crispy on the outside...
...while they were baking I mixed up some Vegan Tartar Sauce...just some vegan mayo mixed with some chopped homemade dill pickles and onion...
...and dinner was served...
...Vegan Fish Cakes...crispy...and...
...moist and slightly spicy...so good...

...have you ever made vegan fish cakes?...how did yours turn out?...I'm thinking you could just use tofu...or leftover seitan...or even chickpeas instead of the fish patties...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I often made real fishcakes but not recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just catching up when I can. Looks lovely. Enjoyed reading about your hike! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of plate that I love!

    ReplyDelete