Thursday, May 13, 2021

...5.13...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...I started the day...as I always do with some tea and my small fistful of vegan vitamins...the tea this morning was hibiscus and passionfruit...it's quite tangy...and good...
...then I made rolled biscuits...
...I haven't done that in a while...I usually use the Lodge biscuit pan that Mom gave me...
...but there's something so nostalgic about rolled biscuits...for one thing...I remember Mom teaching me how to make them when I was about 8 or so...
...but also because there's just something so perfect about the texture and flakiness of a rolled biscuit...
...so then for lunch I made a HUGE pot of brown rice...not because we needed all that rice...but we're planning to make Our Airman's Vegan Spam Fried Rice tomorrow night and it calls for 3 cups of cold leftover rice...
...I'm pretty sure I've showed you before how I make perfectly fluffy brown rice...every single time...
...I basically cook it like pasta...in a bunch of water...for about 45 minutes...until it's completely soft and perfectly separated...
...and then I drain it...just like pasta...
...see...it turns out perfectly every time...
...and then I made Sam's Spicy Korean Lentils...
...I make them pretty often...they're delicious and quick to make...
...afternoon snack was an apple and some nuts...as usual...
...for dinner a made a big salad and some homemade vegan ranch dressing...
...and a big pan of sauteed Brussels sprouts...
...and I got the last two slices of that VEGAN QUICHE AUX FRUITS DE MER out of the freezer...it was easy and delicious...and I'm always happy to use up leftovers...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I'm having the kiddos over for dinner Sunday night and need a recipe for Vegan Ranch Dip - can you share? Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I hope we'll get to see some family pics...
      Love,
      T

      Delete