Tuesday, May 11, 2021

...5.11...Bride Doll Project...Day FIVE...

...now that she has stockings...Dolly needs a garter to hold them up...so I got lace and elastic...the basic components of the garter that I wore all those years ago...white...of course...
...stitched the lace to the elastic and formed a loop...
...this is the 'belt' portion of the garter belt...
...then for the garter straps...I just cut four lengths of white ribbon and attached them to the 'belt'...
...and then to make the clips...I just sewed a small bead to the end of the bottom one of each of the four pairs of straps...
...I turned under the tip of the ribbon and sewed the bead through both...
...those tuck underneath the top of the stocking...
...and on my original garter...the top half of the clip was a sort of oval plastic tab that slid in place over the button on the bottom to attach the stocking to the clip...
...so...then I just made a small chain crocheted loop on the top half of each strap...it's slightly elastic...so it will grip over the bead in sort of the same way...
...you just press it down over the top of the stocking and the bead...and it grips as intended...
...the back is the same...
...and now she has garters to hold up her stockings...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea about the little beads. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...I wracked my brain for some way to recreate those little plastic tabs but finally gave up and when with the bead and loop method...not authentic...but it works...
      Love,
      T

      Delete