Monday, September 02, 2024

...9.2...Over the Weekend...

...just a nice quiet weekend...also Happy Labor Day if you're in the US...
...I started the morning with a delicious pear...
...and then I had a quick bowl of raw oats with blueberries...
...like overnight oats...just not soaked overnight...
...I had a couple of errands that I needed to run for Our Airman...and then I did the weekly shop...
...and because I knew I was going to be out that way...
...I prepared my containers with tares the night before...and I stopped at the Health Food store and got a big bag of organic garbanzos, got some coarse yellow corn meal, filled up my organic oatmeal box, and got a couple of bulk spices and a red cabbage...
...I cut off the last of the corn that we brought home from the mountains...in slabs as much as possible and put it into the freezer...I'll use it up next time I make a run of pickled beans...
...I refilled the bay leaf spice jar...I'm always surprised by how much we use...we buy it in bulk...and I'll discard all the brown leaves...
...and finally remember a few weeks ago when I 'accidently' overcooked some tofu and it wound up making an awesome 'ground'...so I thought I'd try doing it 'on purpose' to get a chewy textured vegan deli slice...we'll see how it turns out...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. That pear looked particularly good!! And you use a LOT of bay leaves!!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete