Saturday, August 31, 2024

...8.31...Dinner and a Movie...and Blogger Comments...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...what a great book club you've got...and yummy treats...I'll have to try that idea with the simple syrup on the cake...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...I'm so glad you had a visit with your family as you continue to heal...that photo with the trains brought back a lot of memories too...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your Korean crepes look amazing...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...I know...it's crazy that August is over...we've had an amazing spell of cool-ish weather...with highs only in the 70s F (low 20s C)... fun...

...I've finished Our Mutual Friend...and started No Thoroughfare...it was a screenplay (written with Wilkie Collins) as well as a short novel...I'm reading the novel...and as I've already read The Mystery of Edwin Drood along with one of the modern day 'finished' versions...I'm all done with Dickens' novels...there are a couple of Short Story collections I'll try to find...but may have to read them as E-books...
...our sweet next door neighbor went to a garden show...and brought us a nice little pot of chives...
...so we had a simple dinner with a baked potato with vegan sour cream and some snipped chives...tofu, fried cabbage, salad, and Brussels sprouts too...

...and the movie was the first episode of the '98 BBC Our Mutual Friend...it was an hour and a half...I was surprised it was so long (there are four 90 minute episodes)...it's really really good...I recommend it...the Man said...everything is so dark...and a lot of the scenes are pretty dark...but that's probably what it was like...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. We've been watching Only murderers in the building on hulu. Also started resident alien on netflix which is quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're STILL watching an episode of Midsomer Murders most nights. I think we're on season 8 ...Love, K

    ReplyDelete