Friday, August 02, 2024

...8.2...Friday Update...

...sometimes when I'm downloading my photos...I find one of myself...the Man thinks it's funny to surreptitiously take a photo of me...they are almost always unflattering...haha...
...I would probably never 'choose' to be photographed from this angle...but we pulled the fridge out and I climbed over the counter and painted both the underside of the cabinets...the side of the cabinet beside the dishwasher/fridge...and the wall behind as well as the baseboards...we actually had to cut a new baseboard because we installed a door that wasn't there before and so the moulding no longer fit properly...
...but that tedious part's all done now and it's nice to have the fridge back in place...and we shouldn't have to move the fridge again...
...if you've climbed our stairs...you've probably seen this unsightly brown bath mat at the top...we have almost white carpet upstairs...and since it seems like that first step onto the carpet is always where there is the most wear...we're trying to protect it a little bit...
...and if the mat is in the wash...you might even see a more unsightly old towel...if we're wearing shoes...we take them off at the top of the stairs and usually leave them on the mat so we can slip them back on when we go downstairs...
...but I found this adorable little mat that looks so much better here...it's pretty crumpled as it came in a tiny little vacuum pack...
...but it soon settled down and was nice and flat...I'm almost always wearing my Japanese house shoes in the house...and I never wear them outside...but I still slip them off before I step onto the carpet...
...I turn and face back down the stairs to do this and then it's easy-peasie to slip them back on...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like the top-of-the-stairs rug! I still think you guys are ccccrrraaazy to install the white carpet but it is very lovely! Love, K

    ReplyDelete