Friday, August 16, 2024

...8.16...Friday Update...

...the very very end of the birthday bouquet...
...remember the drain problem I told you about and said that I would fix...well...I fixed it...simply digging out the grass around the drain fixes the problem...
...but I wanted a more permanent fix...so I put down some landscape paper...
...and I bought this fabricated stone thing-y at Lowes...it's a web like ceramic tile comes on sometimes...and I imagine it has a lot of uses from borders to stepping stones to ditch liners like I'm going to use it...
...it's just a little bit too short...
...but I have a bucket of hand-sized stones that I've picked up from our property when digging beds and such...
...the view back up the street to our driveway...
...I just continued putting stones around it until I covered the cloth and then I filled in a little bit around the spaces...I'm pretty happy with how it looks and you can still mow right over the top of it...
...we primed the moulding boards...
...because now we're finally ready to start on the kitchen cabinets...
...the Man finished the final coat of Harbor Fog over the cabinets...it's not an easy area to paint...
...we took down all of the upper doors over the sink and fridge...
...and here's more proof that the house got WAY too HOT during its 20 or so years standing empty...
...the little soft closer thingies on the cabinets turned to a really sticky jelly...eeeuuuuuwww...
...and then we covered everything and sanded the cabinet boxes...
...and I'm really happy to have the clock back in place over the kitchen sink...I kept looking up there for the time...and now we're ready for primer...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the cabinets painted. It will transform the room!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete