Monday, August 26, 2024

...8.26...Over the Weekend...

...we had brought vegan croissants back from the mountains...so I made waffles...and a croissandwich (remember those?)...scrambled tofu with vegan cheese...I've been calling it Violife aged cheddar...but it's actually 'mature'...with some vegan bacon bits on a toasted croissant vegan croissant...so yummy...
...and then I packed us a couple of water bottles...so we could enjoy this crazy cool less humid weather we've been having with a nice long walk on the Riverwalk...
...then of course...it was time to do the weekly shopping...a pretty normal week...the Man prefers the tomato paste in the little tube...and it must say it's a lot more convenient as we rarely use a whole can of tomato paste all at once...
...and...we got a super deal on some "Oops we overbaked" bread at Stuff-Mart...I love when that happens...
...and I needed some new unders...so I ordered them for in-store pickup at Kohls...and we stopped in there to get them...they were on sale $14.99 marked down from $27---YIKES!...it's been quite a while since I've purchased unders...and I didn't know they were so expensive...but seriously if you divide that by the 6 pairs and the frequency of wear...that's really not that expensive...
...and then I had a random $10 Kohl's cash to use up...so I actually got the unders for $5.34...the Man always laughs and laughs when I complain about how expensive something is...haha...

...btw...does anyone know why ladies unders are not sized like normal clothing...it's so weird...
...and then on the food prep front...I made another 'run' of pickled beans...
...blanched the beans and the corn...
...and sliced it off the cob...the best thing about the corn in pickled beans was getting a 'slab' of corn...so I tried to keep as many of those intact as possible...
...two half gallons should last a while...and when the first one is empty...I'll start another one...
...and the only other thing was some tofu...just baked in the outdoor oven and ready for the week...I did the pickled bean prep outside too...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. once the hot humid air leaves (again) I want to go to the park for a picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, something seems to be working better on your blog lately!!! So cute about your "unders'!! I haven't purchased any recently either so may be a shocker....love, K

    ReplyDelete