Wednesday, August 07, 2024

...8.7...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...we had gotten a set of WeatherTech reflective window screens for the car...and they all fit perfectly...except these two little ones for the back triangle windows...they were all nice and snug and they all had a good seal around the window...

...so I didn't really want to return them or complain...I just wanted to be able to pop these into the back windows the same as all the others...because it's so hot and sunny here that you can't hardly park outside during the day without some sort of screens or you won't be able to touch anything inside your car when you get back in...

...and I don't want to change the 'design' of these...I still want the shiny silver side and the black sides to show...so first I cut out a cardboard tracing of each screen just about 1/8 or so bigger...
...and then I cut the center out of that...I really just want these screens to be a tiny bit bigger and it still needs to be flexible and fairly stiff...
...then I cut a couple of stips from a stretchy black fabric...
...and stitched it right sides together to the front of the screens...(the fabric didn't really have a right or a wrong side...but if it did it would need to be right sides together at this point)...
...and then I folded that over to the back...
...and slipped the little cardboard cutout into the pocket it created...
...and then stitched around that...just stitchin the black fabric to the existing fabric with the cardboard sandwiched in between....and then trimmed all the edges...
...and I think it looks ok from the front...it still looks almost exactly like it did when I started...
...but now they are big enough and stiff enough to hold themselves in place in the rear windows...I'm pretty happy with that fix...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment