Monday, August 19, 2024

...8.19...Over the Weekend...

...we hit the highway early to drive up to our Moms' to spend the weekend and try once again to get Our Airmans Camaro down to Charleston for shipment...
...the front porch photo I always take at Mom's...this time I heard the geese honking and they flew in formation right into my photo...it's such a harbinger of fall...YAY!
...supper with Mom...all garden veg...a zucchini and onion soup...green beans, okra and tomatoes and cucumbers...and vegan cornbread...of course...
...while we were sitting around visiting in the evening...I finished the second Santa mitten...and then we went to bed about midnight...
...so we got up late and had brunch...I made a sort of muesli with raw oats, raisins, cranberries, and some fiber cereal...and I also had two slices of toast one with peanut butter and banana and one with peach jam...
...and then we washed Our Airman's car...it has to pass a 'white glove' test when we get to the vehicle processing center...so we want to make sure everything is spic and span...

...then we played in the pool for a couple of hours...
...and the Man cooked a delicious dinner on the grill...tofu, baked potato, roasted peppers, broccoli and lima beans...we were really hungry as we'd only had brunch and then some crackers and hummus in the afternoon...
...my sister in law had sent me this photo of some cute crocheted elf mitts...so I got the Man to stop and Stuff-Mart so I could get the yarn to start them...
...just using the photo as a guide/pattern...I crocheted a ribbed cuff...and then started with half double crochet in white...then added the red points...just decreasing down to a point and then slip stitching back along one side down to the foundation single crochet row...I think I got five points on these small child-sized mitts...
...it really didn't take too long and then in the evening after I figured out the 'pattern'...I made a second one...not as complicated as the left and right for the Santa mittens as these are basically reversible...or ambidexterous...haha...
...and then breakfast with Mom...scrambled tofu and toast and fruit...
...then the Man drove the Camaro back home...and I followed in our car...we'll get up in the morning and drive down to Charleston and drop it off for shipment...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the geese photo! And I already know the end to the Camaro story.....

    ReplyDelete