Thursday, August 01, 2024

...8.1...Thrifty Thursday...

...after determining that my stash did not contain any lavender cotton...I headed to JoAnn's to get some...and I found this heather-y cotton on sale for 97¢...I'm not sure about the heather effect for these socks...but I think I'll go with it for $1...
...and then I thought I'd just stop into the thrift store and see...
...and I got all this stuff for $1.71...it just so happened that it was a half-price day...I love when that happens...

...and the Man and I were just talking about Halloween decorations as we were taking down the red-white-and-blue coloured lights on the back porch...
...they let you plug in anything electrical to test if it works...so i already knew that the lights all worked...but I thought that it was a strand of purple, a strand of clear and then a strand of pumpkin ones...but actually the pumpkins are little plastic covers that slip over the white lights...so maybe we'll wrap them around the porch rail in one direction for the pumpkins and then turn and go back mixing in the white lights...as there aren't enough of the covers for all of the lights...or I could snap them off and alternate pumpkin-white-pumpkin-white...
...and I picked up this terra cotta pumpkin...it's so cute...and it came with a little tiny set of lights...not sure about that...I may put a candle inside...spookier...you know...
...so I untangled all the lights and wrapped them around cardboard...ready for the attic for a few months...
...and then y'all knew I wouldn't be able to pass up that striped top...it's so cute...and there was a new pair of Santa socks there too...I think I'll send them to Our Airman's wife...they're really for someone younger and cuter than me...haha...
...underneath the Tupperware sandwich box (such a handy size) were these two divided plates...those would have been perfect for my birthday leftovers...or anything that could be stored together but separate...
...and then there was this sort of lone medium sized pot lid...that I thought might fit our Magma nesting pots...
...there is only one lid for the three nesting pots...and we often use more than one pot...
...I know it's not shiny like the Magma one...
...but it does fit the middle pot...freeing up the Magma lid for the small and large ones...

...what thrifty things have you found recently?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, another striped shirt!!! You're so funny. Good seasonal finds! LOve, K

    ReplyDelete