Saturday, August 10, 2024

...8.10...Dinner and a Movie...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...I'm so sorry about your foot...I suffered through about 6 months of PF when we lived in WV...same as you...I had a boot to wear at night and an orthotic shoe insert - both providing little comfort...the doc said the main thing was to stay off of it...that's why professional atheletes recover from it so quickly...they just stay off it...so it sounds like you're doing the best thing you can...hope it heals quickly for you...and thanks for reminding me to back up my photos...haha...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...your socks and cardigan are growing so quickly...and a fall leaf...wow...so pretty...it's still very green and HOT here...but I've got to begin thinking about some little Christmas gifts for my Alaska babes...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your cheese board looks so good...it's interesting that you have such different (and probably better) vegan cheeses than we have here...hopefully they'll become available here as well...I love your burgers and buns...and I need to make a batch of veggie burgers too...Merci!

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...I love your street scenes and that looks like a really neat sidewalk market...we made it through hurricane/tropical storm Debbie pretty much unscathed...but our skies were pretty too...

...I finished A Tale of Two Cities...and I'm well into Great Expectations...no surprises there as I remember the storyline pretty well...I think it's one of Dickens' saddest novels...
...for dinner we had an old Vegan Salisbury Steak recipe that Mom sent me when we lived in North Dakota...with mashed and peas of course...

...and we watched some dvr'd Olympics...
...and we sat on the porch to enjoy the afterglow of the hurricane/tropical storm Debbie which has thankfully finally moved north...we got about 5 inches of rain and the drain at the end of our street is clogged...but I'll go out tomorrow and clear that and hopefully things will dry out enough over the weekend for us to be able to mow the lawn...

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your Salisbury Steak dinner looks absolutely delicious. Luckily I just ate my dinner, lol. The latest movie and television I've been watching have been on Apple TV; a series called Slow Horses about MI5 spies and a movie called The Instigators about a desperate father and a career criminal who are hired for a heist but they badly botch the job. Hurricane Debbie made it's way to eastern Canada and brought torrents of rain. I'm glad it didn't do much damage where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy dinner!! I liked Great Expectations, one of my favorites by Dickens.

    ReplyDelete