Thursday, August 22, 2024

...8.22...Delicious Vegan Food we ate...

...I actually have three meals photographed...haha...
...first up...I made Bryanna's Microwave Granola...I posted about it years and years ago...I often use my blog as a recipe database...😁...but when I went to the link I found that it's no longer valid...so I got out my trusty binder of recipes...and sure enough the recipe was in there...so I'm posting it here...

BRYANNA’S MICROWAVE FAT-FREE MAPLE-COCONUT GRANOLA
2 c. oatmeal (or other rolled wholegrain cereal)
3/4 c. wholewheat or other wholegrain flour (can use 1/2 c.flour and 1/4 c. wheat germ, if you prefer)
1/2 c. bran (wheat, oat, rice)
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/4-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. each salt and coconut extract
Optional: 1/2 c. dried fruit
1/2 c. chopped nuts, seeds, or unsweetened shredded coconut, or a mixture

Mix well with fingers. Spread evenly on waxed paper on the microwave carousel (this amount is for a large microwave). Cook on HI for 3 minutes. Stir and spread out evenly again. Cook on HI 3 minutes. Let stand 3 minutes. Add the optional dried fruit, if you like. When completely cool, store airtight.
...it's a delicious recipe...this time I omitted the cinnamon...and added raisins and walnuts...
...for lunch I made some edamame from the freezer and an avocado sushi roll...the Man had something else...as he can't stand to be in the same room with Nori...haha...
...and this is what my 'garden' is producing every other day or so...and I currently have a gallon bag of green beans in the fridge that I need to cook...
...but these green beans and corn were both sent home with us last weekend by the Man's Mom...all delicious...I have tmj...so my corn is sliced off the cob...but the Man's is in the cute little corn trays...and that got me thinking about a childhood memory as I was cutting my corn off the cob...Mom used to cut my baby brother's corn off the cob when he was little...and I was wondering at what age that right of passage occurred when she stopped doing that and he ate his corn 'on' the cob like the big kids...I'm assuming she did this for each of us when we were little...but I only remember l'il brother's...

...what delicious food have you been eating lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy but that tray is still hurting my eyes, haha! I don't remember Mom cutting corn off the cob.....I always remember eating mine as God intended....love, K

    ReplyDelete