Saturday, August 24, 2024

...8.24...Dinner and a Movie...and blogger comments...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...so sorry to have just missed you at Mom's...looks like you had a great visit...and Mom showed me all of the comments on the awesome photo you posted of you two...that's so sad about the accident at the airport...and I'll not mention the other event there...haha...the book club bag-o-books is a genius idea...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...I'm so sorry about Frodo...I know how hard the loss of a beloved pet is...peace be with you...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...so much delicious food...your charcuterie board looks awesome...and you're experiments with pesto too...not sure I'll try fennel as I don't like the licorice flavor...I've never had Bouyiourdi...but it looks awesome...I do love vegan feta...and that pup with those eyes...so sweet...kitty too...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...that is a pretty hibiscus...such a pretty colour...our's are a deep red...it's amazing how many different colours there are...we're STILL waiting for our morning glories to bloom...

...to Beth from BLD IN MT : LIVING A SIMPLE LIFE IN THIS INTERCONNECTED WORLD...Hi Beth...WOW...now that really is a bountiful harvest...and your fair looks awesome...ours is not until October...but they are always fun...

...I've finished Great Expectations and now I'm reading Our Mutual Friend...I don't really remember reading this book...but I do remember a late nineties mini-series on PBS that was really good...so I'll have to find that one and watch it again...the Man will be thrilled...
...a dinner you've seen (at least) several times here...beans and greens and cornbread...one of my favorite meals ever...even as a child I loved this meal...and it reminds me of going over to grandma's when I was at university...she made the best great northern beans...and we had this exact same meal...

...and for the movie...we just finished up some of the dvr's speeches from the DNC...some of the people we wanted to hear spoke so late that we just couldn't stay up for all of it...

...we'll get back to our regular 'movie' watching next week...maybe with Our Mutual Friend...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your kind words! We miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still watching an episode of Midsomer Murders every night with ice cream....love, K P.S. your tray hurts my eyes with your china....

    ReplyDelete