Friday, September 14, 2007

Almost Free Wallpaper - not the computer kind

I finally got around to putting up the border in the Man-Cub's 'baseball' room. I printed the border last year and made the wallpaper paste (recipe here - http://www.buyorganic.com.au/blog/index.php/2006/11/eco-friendly-wallpaper-paste) I had to get the clove oil from the pharmacy.

I just found some images of baseballs on the internet and enlarged them and printed them on 8 1/2 x 14 paper - then cut them out. It would be easy to do this with any images you want - just make sure they aren't copyrighted.

I put the pieces in a cake pan and brushed the paste on the back.
We have textured walls - so I 'smushed' the paper onto the bumps with a washcloth.

Make sure it's level.
I was just doing the one wall so when I got to the corner I did a dry fit and cut off the extra.
The finished border.

I also made a baseball pillowcase and valance for the window.

1 comment:

  1. hey - that is neat - i wimped out and put a store-bought wallpaper border up in the kid's room (seems like a LONNNNGGGG time ago!!)

    weird - i think i recognize your arm!!! i stuck my arm out and looked at it - looks just like yours (with a FEW added freckles, that is!)

    just being silly....love, k

    ReplyDelete