Sunday, September 02, 2007

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

The Man said the other day that he was tired of the chocolate chip cookies (they're the Man-Cub's and my favorites) and could I please make him some good old fashioned Oatmeal-Raisin cookies. So whaddya think I did?

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Sift together:

1 Cup + 2 T all purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Blend until creamy:
1/3 cup vegan margarine - I used Smart Balance Light with Flax oil - as that's the only thing I can get with any regularity up here...
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup of flax seed goo
1/2 t vanilla

Then stir in your sifted dry ingredients until well blended - then add 1 1/2 cup raw oats (not the quick kind) and 1/2 cup of raisins.

Bake in a 350° oven for about 8 minutes - I bake mine on parchment paper for a nice brown bottom and no burning...

0 comments:

Post a Comment