Wednesday, February 06, 2013

...Super Simple NeckWarmer...

...W.I.P. Wednesday...
...I had a little bit of yarn left over from the Infinity Scarf project...just a little bit...but I didn't want to let it go to waste...it's such a pretty colour...and it matches my brown coat...
...so I just cast on a few stitches and knit in stockinette stitch for a few rows...
...and added a little set of crocheted loops for buttonholes at one end...

...now I need some buttons...I'll shop around a bit...but I may end up making them if I can't find what I want...

...and I'll post a pattern soon...

...also reading...
...this book...
...which I found by it's subtitle here...while doing some research on our current book club book - Mrs. Linsoln's Dressmaker...
...I'm thinking so far that Elizabeth Keckley's own words are much more interesting than the fictionalized ones...

...so what are you reading and knitting?...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I like your yarn and the book looks interesting.

    I'm using up my cotton stash and making a bunch of dishcloths. I'm reading a "fluffy" type book (at least it is so far) called "The Emperor's Children". Apparently the author won the Booker prize for it so I suppose it isn't really considered fluff and I think it gets to some serious stuff later concerning 9/11,

    Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, yes, i love the yarn too!

    i just finished the Orphan Master's Son....wow, that was a difficult-to-read but fantastic book about North Korea. i'm free to read whatever this month since "Gone Girl" is our book club's choice this month and "we've" already read that one!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading The American Heiress and it's excellent. I'm really looking forward to finishing it tonight.... so much leading up to the ending!

    Mrs. Linclon's Dressmaker is on my to-read list. I'm excited to hear what you thought of it!

    ReplyDelete