Thursday, May 02, 2013

...I ♥ eBay...

...I got a fairly heavy package in the mail yesterday...
...heavy, because it contained a bunch of my flatware pattern...(my silver came from a paternal great-uncle and that's a' whole 'nother post)...

...I don't spend a lot of time perusing eBay though...I had saved a search for my pattern...that's such a handy little timesaver...eBay will email you whenever what you're looking for becomes available...

...so I had a saved search for Imperial Stainless Kingstowne...and finally after many months I got the email...
...I am so thrilled...we had lost (you know...from picnics...or using silverware as tools...and we probably have thrown some away by accident too) a few pieces...and a few of the big spoons were...ahem...bent...by some ice-cream eater in our house who shall remain nameless...

...so I washed up all the shiny new pieces...
...and bought a new silverware tray for the drawer...everything used to fit in the little one to the left...and I just had various utensils and odd pieces to the right...it's nicer this way...

...I also ♥ organized drawers...

...What's your favorite eBay find?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! After eight months away from the blogging world, I am surprised to have anyone come back to read! I actually stayed up late last night and caught up on my favorite blogs and yours was one of them! I was happy that all my faces were still going strong! I will be back on a regular basis now....Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a good find. I occasionally find Russel Wright there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Onions in the Stew' by Betty MacDonald. Looked all over then thought of Ebay! Also got 'Anyone Can do Anything' a really old copy with a demure young 1930's lady on the front, sitting at a very old fashioned looking typewriter.

    I have loved Betty since I discovered her in the 1960s.

    ReplyDelete