Saturday, April 16, 2016

...Avocado-Almond Dip...

...y'all know how I'm always trying not to waste the leftover almond meal/paste from my almond milk making...

...some of the ways I've used it:
Almond Meal Cream Cheese
Christmas Dip
Beet Chickpea and Almond Dip

...but often I also add it to cookies...just subbing it for part of the flour...
...but I really am more of a 'salty' snacker...
...so I decided to use up the last batch of leftover almond meal in some guacamole...not subbing it for anything really...just adding it in...
...this was really creamy and good...and I kinda liked it better on the Melba Toast (like a cheese spread) than on the chips...

Avocado-Almond Dip

One ripe avocado
Leftover almond meal from almond milk - about 1/3 cup
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Dash of salt and fresh ground pepper...or to taste - we like ours kinda salty
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1 cube Knorr cilantro...

Peel and mash avocado...add almond meal...add lime juice and spices...combine well and serve with chips or veggies for dipping...

~Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment: