Thursday, May 11, 2017

...W.I.A.Y. ...

Breakfast - Peanut Butter and Jelly on Toast
...lunch was kind of a haphazard affair...I grilled some cabbage on the Foreman Grill...and some sweet potato...of course...'cause that's my fave...
...then I had these two pieces of leftover tofu...and some grilled onions...
...so I piled that all on a plate...oh and those wedges...
...just some plain baked potato fries...sprinkled with the Trader Joes' Chili Lime...so...so good...
...in the afternoon...I roasted an eggplant...and whipped up a batch of Baba Ghanoush...
Snack - Baba Ghanoush and pita

...so for dinner...I wasn't all that hungry...
...and I thought that a big kale salad was in order...
...so I washed a bunch of kale...
...spun it dry...
...and put it in my biggest bowl...
...sliced open a perfectly ripe avocado...
...and used my neat little slicer tool...thanks Mom...
...put that on top of the kale...
...added some lemon juice...
...and some nooch...
...and gave it a nice massage...
...see how much smaller the massaged kale is...
...topped it with some baked tofu...
Dinner - Massaged Kale Salad with baked tofu

...then after dinner we had a Pear Compare...
...I had bought one of each of the three varieties my grocery store carries...clockwise from the top Anjou, Bartlett, and Bosc...
...same on the plate...with some English Walnuts in the center...

...so the verdict...

...there was surprisingly little difference in flavor...the Anjou was the mildest...the Bartlett was the most familiar (obviously) in both flavor and texture...the Bosc had the grainiest texture...it was a fun experiment...

...so what did you eat yesterday?...and what's your favorite pear?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. wow, that was a lot of cool stuff in one day!! i did have something interesting yesterday....richard had left a head of romaine lettuce in the fridge at siler city. i mean, he left it out in the open, no wrap, in the fridge. i should have snapped a photo of the sad, wilted leaves. i thought, "wonder if you can rejuvenate lettuce leaves???"....the answer is yes, you can! i took the wilted head and chopped it up, doused it with cold tap water and submerged it in cold water in a bowl with a lid for a couple of hours. the result was fresh, crispy salad!! not one bit of "wiltiness" left! i'll have to remember that as i've discarded wilted leaves in the past!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the avocado doofer!

    ReplyDelete