Saturday, May 27, 2017

...KALE!...

...Kale is super cheap at the grocery store right now...I've been getting huge bunches of kale for 99¢ ...a whole sink full of Kale...

...so...I just wash it well...a couple of times...
...and I pull off the stems...but I save them...to use later in smoothies...soups...etc...
...then I mix in some spices we like...clockwise here...paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, nooch...and black pepper in the middle...and the avocado just makes it stick to the leaves really well...
...then it spends a couple of hours in the dehydrator...
...and we have crispy kale chips to snack on all week...

~Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to try making these. I haven't tasted any either but one day I shall dig out the dehydrator and try making some. Your flavourings sound delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love kale chips!! our grocery store has super-cheap sweet corn right now. 20 cents an ear for really big ears. we had corn salsa last night as a side dish and i had an ear for lunch. yum. love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like kale, when my daughter buys her dehydrator I hope to try crispy kale.

    ReplyDelete