Tuesday, November 06, 2018

...Tuesdays with Julia...

...it's been a while since I've cooked with Julia...and there are still plenty of sauces to execute...

...so this week we did a Vegan Version of the Sauce aux Anchois...which is just the ...this is just the VEGAN SAUCE BÉCHAMEL/SAUCE VELOUTÉ with the addition of anchovy paste...
...it was good...fishy and salty...just served with plain baked tofu...

...and all of the particulars are over at The Vegan Version...

~Have a lovely day!

PS...don't forget to VOTE!

2 comments:

  1. I loved anchovies before becoming a vegan oh well! I have discovered miso which is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      That's a good idea...the umami flavor of miso would probably have been better than capers...I'll remember that for my next fishy sauce...
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete