Tuesday, December 08, 2020

...VEGAN ESCARGOT...12.8...Tuesdays with Julia...

...the recipe of the day is Vegan Beurre pour Escargots...and it's really simple to make and could be used for other things as well...it's just a nice garlic-y vegan butter...

...and as usual all of the particulars are over at The Vegan Version...

...but below the recipe...there's a really long post about the Vegan Escargot...
...where I take pecan shells and cut them to make my vegan escargot shells...
...they are so cute...
...and then I boil them to reduce the tanins...several times...
...like about 6 times...until the water was pretty clear...
...for the actual little vegan snail bodies...I just used some baked tofu cut into slivers...
...and stuffed each shell with a tofu 'snail'...
...and then packed it full of vegan snail butter (Vegan Beurre pour Escargots)...
...and put them all into the cast iron skillet...
...and just baked at 350° F...for about 20 minutes or so...until they were all sizzly and aromatic...
...you can see my little snail holder thing-y here...I just twisted some silver wire to make that...you know...I wanted the whole experience to be as correct as possible...haha...
...it worked perfectly for holding the shells...
...these little things are so delicious...
...and so much fun to eat...I'll definitely be making them again...

...so hop over to The Vegan Version...and check it out...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment: