Wednesday, September 15, 2021

...9.15...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...first up...on the knitting front...I've started knitting Purl Soho's Soft Cotton Washcloths...just because I need a new washcloth...and I wanted a super soft cotton one...
...it's the Linen Stitch...so double knitting...and it takes twice as long to complete a row...natch...but it's a super simple pattern...and I'm just using some white Peaches and Cream cotton from the stash...it's turning out super soft...and I love the subtle pattern that's nice and smooth on one side and kind of waffle-y on the other...

...and then on the sewing/re-sizing front...we've got a trip planned up to Mom's to celebrate a few birthdays...and she may still have her pool open...and these two humongous items have been languishing in the 'to-do' basket for a while...
...this size 19 bralette thing-y is from a church outfit quite a while ago actually...and I just saved it....you know...because...I might use it for something...it was the strapless top part from a too large dress/beach cover up thingy that I cut off to make a skirt to wear under a cute top I'd gotten for Easter a few years ago...
...so I took in the sides a couple of inches and turned under and added some elastic at the bottom...the back has this cute cinched in bow effect...
...and then added two straps that I had also saved from those same tops I'd cut up to line the skirt...haha...
...and that all took about 5 minutes and it turned out super cute...
...now on to those size 5X swimsuit bottoms...
...this was what they looked like when I got them (only back in May...so not too too long ago)...they've got shirring on both hips...which is going to be a little bit tricky to deal with...
...the first thing I did was to just run a white basting stitch up both sides...and there was way too much material in that private area as well...
...and then gathered it up for some more shirring...
...and then I did a proper side seam in black thread...and then opened up the seam and did another row of top stitching on either side of the seam to make it look a little bit neater and lie nice and flat...
...so here's my new finished swimsuit...the bottoms are very high waisted and the Man said it looks very "50's"...maybe I'll get a chance to wear it at Mom's...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. That swimsuit construction is HiLarIous!!! (I suspect the pool will be too chilly as they've had cloudy weather....) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...I know...it's crazy what I find in my stash sometimes...but I bought those huge bottoms on purpose...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete