Saturday, September 04, 2021

...9.4...Mountain Bike--Commuter Bike Conversion...Day 15...

...Before...


Previous Changes:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14

...the Bike Conversion Project is actually nearing its close...as I finish up the top of the basket...
...for the cording for the top weaving portion...I just took a couple of strips of the plastic and tied it to the top of a chair...and twisted it until it was pretty tight...it's amazingly strong like this...you can't hardly pull it in half and break it...
...and then like the overlapping top portion...when I ran out of a strip...I just added a new strip and kept twisting and weaving...
...and finally the basket was well and truly finished...
...and I couldn't be happier with it...see how the twisted plarn makes a nice tight finished top to the basket...I think it looks better than another wide strip would have...
...I think it's perfect...exactly what I was hoping for...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment