Monday, January 24, 2022

...1.24...Over the Weekend...

...when we got back from picking up the Mexican takeout Friday...it had just started snowing...and we were only expecting a 'skiff' because that's what the weatherman said we would get...haha...
...after dinner and before the movie...we were Facetiming with our little family in Japan...and I stepped out the backdoor and snapped a photo of the snow for him...it's windy and it's pouring snow and starting to accumulate...
...the wind is really blowing hard...but the snow seems to be sticking...
...by the time we went to bed...the wind had almost stopped but it was still snowing...
...and this is what we woke up to Saturday morning...and the high was not supposed to reach 30° F (-1° C)...it's so pretty and quiet...
...but after they scraped the road...we made a quick InstaCart pickup...
...I don't think there's anything unusual this week...we did not get spinach again...and the Man did not get his blueberry bagels...it's so weird...
...the Man made a mustard-y BBQ sauce...he looked at a bunch of recipes and these are his scribbled notes...
...he only had to sub...Bee Free Honee...and vegan Worcestershire sauce...
...it was easy...and delicious...and it's perfect on grilled tofu...
...we'll just keep a jar of it on hand...it's sort of between NC mustard BBQ sauce and Heinz 57...it's good...
...the Man made potato soup...
...y'all know my family has a tradition of eating potato soup every time it snows...haha...
...he put cabbage in it this time...and it was good...but I think I prefer it the 'regular' way...
...and I made a vegan Guinness Bundt Cake...vegan recipe here...(scroll down)...but I took the easy way this weekend...and just used a mix...haha...the original one is better...
...but this one is pretty good too...
...yum!...
...all in all...it was a pretty quiet weekend...I'm still working on projects that I can't really show you yet...but soon...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend! I was talking to Mom the other day during their big snowfall and she was making potato soup as well! BBQ sauce looks great. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...funny after 3 weekends of snow...I kind of don't think we'll do potato soup again...haha...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. I drank a Guinness this weekend. My grandma had one in her fridge and was looking to give it to someone. Guinness was my grandpa's favorite beer so I took it and enjoyed it in his memory. I'm not much for those dark beers. I bet it would be lovely in a cake though. I have a recipe for a very similar sounding chocolate cake that uses coffee...I could see some similarities there, in the dark roasty flavors of both. Yum.

    And, my oh my, look at all your snow! It really is beautiful. We've got a new storm blowing in right now, actually. Not much snow expected til tomorrow or Wednesday though, supposedly.

    That sauce sounds/looks yum. And I love a scribbled note recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      ...what a sweet story...we love this Guinness cake...it really does go well with chocolate...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete