Monday, April 18, 2022

...4.18...Over the Easter Weekend...

...ok...in picture-taken order...haha...
...the Man SHOPPED...we're still trying to combine trips as much as possible...soooooo...while the Man was out he sweetly (and voluntarily) stopped by a grocery store...and shopped for groceries...in person...

...and this is kind of funny...firstly...because it is so RARE!!!...haha...and secondly...because you'll see the difference in our shopping styles...haha...and thirdly...it's really funny...because I had already done an InstaCart shop...as well...so we've got WAY MORE food than we need for a week...

...so in this photo...you can see all of the expensive (not-on-sale) fruit the Man bought...haha...and...he apparently had no idea what type of milk to get... and none of these is 'right'...haha...
...and then...he did the same thing with the veg section of the grocery store...basically...if it looked good to him...it went into the cart...there's a whole bag of red bell peppers...and green ones...and poblanos...whaaat???...how many peppers can two people eat in a week...three different types of mushrooms...beet and beet greens...mustard greens...two packages each of fresh green beans and fresh spinach...carrots...celery...three BIG eggplants...radishes...a basil plant...

...whew!...

...but...I'm really grateful that he did the shopping...haha...it was really sweet...and we've definitely got a bunch of menu options for the week...
...oh...I almost forgot...he thought I'd like to try the chickpea pasta...and he's right...it'll be fun...I just don't usually buy these...my frugal self is fine with regular pasta...
...so then there was a 'regular' InstaCart shop as well...haha...and Jack came in to check it out...
...and unlike the Man's shopping...not much of interest...I did get almond flour for a recipe...and I thought it'd be fun to try the Kashi chocolate...as the Man often has cereal for an after dinner snack...but he's tried it and did not like it...haha...
...on a sunny Saturday morning...I planted the basil plant the Man got...
...just popped it into a pot on the back porch...if it does ok there...I'll just leave it in the pot...
...and then pancakes for breakfast...
...and a pretty good tofu bacon...just sautéed in some soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke...
...while the laundry was going I worked on the puzzle...solo...the Man was working on his sermon...
...quite a bit was accomplished...

...I finished the second sleeve of the Easter sweater and put it together...I'll show you the finished sweater at the end...and the full update on Wednesday...
...sheets and towels drying on the line...breezy...but nothing blew off the line this week...
...I forgot to mention that the Man ALSO got Beyond Burger at the grocery store...which was sweet...(I prefer Gardein's burgers...wink)...but he cooked those on the grill for dinner...
...sweet Callie loves grill time...he started the bugers on pieces of foil as he was not confident that they'd hold together...and I've had no experience with grilling them...
...I cut up the toppings...finely shaved lettuce and onions are just better...more surface area I think...
...the Man in action...
...the burgers held together just fine and he was able to flip them easily...
...I added some vegan worcestershire sauce...
...and the finished burgers...
...the second frying of the sweet potato fries...we used the recipe from The Spruce Eats...exactly...
...they were perfect...
...and dinner was served...there was a tiny bowl of spinach for each of us...an entire bunch of spinach cooks down to almost nothing...
...after he took the burgers off...he said the coals were still pretty hot and did I want to throw some tofu on the grill...
...so we did and now we've got grilled tofu for the week as well...
...and then we were up at 4:30 Easter Sunday morning...so here's a sleepy-eyed debut photo of the Easter sweater as I walked into the Man's office before dawn...
...and then we had a lovely Easter service at Church...followed by an afternoon of rest...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

6 comments:

  1. Funny story about the dual shopping orders....that's a LOT of fruit! I bet some goes in the freezer. Your fries inspired me to do the same tonight - I haven't had fries on the boat in ages since it heats up the galley. I love, love, love you in the sweater! Happy Easter! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...it was a while ago and we've still not used it all up...the sweet potato fries were awesome...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. Haha! PLenty of things to cook! I love that! I guess your freezer will come to the rescue with all that ;-)
    Your sweet potato fries look absolutely perfect!!!!!
    And what about this sweater! It's gorgeous!
    I envy your basil "living free" outside! It's snowing up here... nothing can go out before the end of may ;-( I have vegetable seedlings all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Éphée,
      ...the fries were awesome...and we're still trying to use up all that food...should be finished by this weekend...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. The man did a pretty good shop. You are probably going to be very busy getting everything prepared and frozen.

    Never had sweet potato fries and yours make me think I should give them a try.

    Lovely sweater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie,
      ...yeah...good thing he hardly ever does the shopping...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete