Friday, August 19, 2022

...8.19...Friday Favorites...

...people often ask me about how "hard" it is to be vegan...and it always surprises me that people think it's difficult...because I think it couldn't be easier...vegan substitutions nowadays are about a bajillion times better than they were when I first went vegan all those years ago...vegan cheese was so bad that I would certainly rather do without than eat it...haha...but then came the internet and vegan food blogs...and YOUTTUBE...and lots of people experimenting with plant based diets and things just got so much better and easier...
...y'all have heard me ramble about my old Betty Crocker Cookbook that we got for a wedding present before...and this is a simple veganization of a much loved recipe from that old cookbook...
...it's just a really simple recipe for Scalloped Potatoes...and the only subs are vegan butter (we used Earth Balance) and vegan milk...we used unsweetened almond milk...but any unsweetened plant based milk will work...

...see what I mean...so EASY-Peasie...
...I used to make it a lot when we were first married...but now usually only for company...

OR...

...when I've got a bunch of potatoes that really really need to be used up...
...I used another gadget to make the finely chopped onions...my Pampered Chef chopper...
...and then I used Grandma's Veg-O-Matic to slice perfectly thin and even slices of potatoes...
...I used about 6 potatoes for this recipe...so I need to find something else pretty quick to use up the rest...
...and then just mix everything together in an oven-proof dish...
...and bake until bubbly, thick and golden browned on top...my favorite bits are the crispy brown bits on top...
...so delicious!

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Your potatoes and salad look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. So now I can only write comments on your blog using my android tablet. Hope that doesn't get screwed up too. My iPhone says I need to sign into Google, but it won't let me sign in for some reason while I'm on your page. (But let's me sign in on my page) and of course I can't view the blog on my laptop because Norton won't let me. I know you can't do anything about it but just wanted to let you know that I'm down to one method of communicating with you here. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that change is hard (and hard to wrap one's mind around, too) but yeah....people really do make vegan cookery out to be way harder than it is. Alot of it is basically the same, at least in this day and age of Earth Balance and plant based cheeze, etc. Your potatoes look amazing by the way.

    ReplyDelete