Saturday, August 13, 2022

...8.13...Dinner and a Movie...

...believe it or not...we're still trying to use up all the pandemic food we purchased...over a year ago...and this weekend I went through the pantry and FIFO'ed everything...(first-in-first-out)...
...and I found another packet of that Tuno (that we didn't like all that well)...a can of pineapple about to go out of date...and a can of water chestnuts...a little past it's use by date...but I'm going to use it anyway...and I thought I could make a meal out of all of that and use it up...
...so I just put the pineapple, water chestnuts and Tuno in the pan...
...and added some pepper, onion, and celery...and some Trader Joe's Sweet and Spicy Asian sauce...and a little bit of soy sauce....and cooked it all together for a bit...
...made a pot of Jasmine rice...also nearing it's expirey date...
... and it made a satisfying meal...

...and for the movie...the Man only wanted to watch all of the news about the current state of our democracy...so that's what we did...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Dinner was a creative use of all your expiring foods. I haven't been watching outside of YT videos from various channels but I've slowed that down too. I did watch a classic movie the other day called Dear Ruth. It's a cute movie with a young William Holden and Joan Caulfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really good. I've been trying to eat up the frozen leftovers that I sometimes forget about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I tried that Tuno and was not particularly fond of it. That looks like you figured out a way to use it nicely. Is there a problem with your blog again? I don't see any new entries for this week. Love,K

    ReplyDelete