Friday, July 13, 2007

New Pattern for the Secret Project

Here's the final pattern for the secret project. I have 8 squares done already - so I'm a little behind - I'm still going to try and get one square done per day...




I think I'm going to leave off the very top row and only have 7 as it's getting pretty long - we'll see - I can always add it later.

Here's the process - to avoid sewing all the squares together - I pick up and knit from the side and then add a stitch in from the uncastoff edge - you can see where I've picked up stitches with black on the white square - and the grey square's stitches are still on the needle I'll pick them up as I knit the black square and just knit them in - it's working well - I still don't know what I'm going to do about the curling under st st at the edge.

3 comments:

  1. Pattern really look great. I'm sure Robert will appreciate it. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLEVER!!! It looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be so surprized! and he doesn't have anything to serve as a bed-covering to speak of. He's always used this silly bright yellow quilt i made in boca - with weird purple dinosaurs....i think it's a little silly for him at this point! looks great! love, k

    ReplyDelete