Sunday, November 02, 2008

One Pan Dandy


This is a recipe from my old (really old) 4-H Cookbook - called Tricks for Treats...

I have such fond memories of cooking from this little booklet with my Mom when I was little...

Here's a closeup of the recipe - the only substitutions were Morningstar Farms Crumbles for the ground beef and a few spoonfuls of Gee Whiz for the cheddar (from the UnCheese Cookbook - http://www.amazon.com/Uncheese-Cookbook-Creating-Dairy-Free-Substitutes/dp/0913990426) - but you can of course use any vegan cheese you like...

It makes a nice warm filling meal - served here with the recommended lettuce wedges and some of my favorite bread machine bread.

3 comments:

  1. hey, i remember that book!! looks yummy - i could eat it your way too! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    It really is good and so easy.

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that book too and I still have a copy of it. I'll check it out. E

    ReplyDelete