Sunday, November 02, 2008

One Pan Dandy


This is a recipe from my old (really old) 4-H Cookbook - called Tricks for Treats...

I have such fond memories of cooking from this little booklet with my Mom when I was little...

Here's a closeup of the recipe - the only substitutions were Morningstar Farms Crumbles for the ground beef and a few spoonfuls of Gee Whiz for the cheddar (from the UnCheese Cookbook - http://www.amazon.com/Uncheese-Cookbook-Creating-Dairy-Free-Substitutes/dp/0913990426) - but you can of course use any vegan cheese you like...

It makes a nice warm filling meal - served here with the recommended lettuce wedges and some of my favorite bread machine bread.

6 comments:

  1. hey, i remember that book!! looks yummy - i could eat it your way too! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey K,

    It really is good and so easy.

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that book too and I still have a copy of it. I'll check it out. E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have such fond memories of "one pan dandy!".... I did a google search on it to see if something was out there and confirm what I remember was in it (although I'm pretty sure I remember the 5 ingredients!) ........... SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS POST..... AND BONUS OF SEEING THE ACTUAL BOOKS. As a child of the 70's this was so big! Thank you so much for sharing.... it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have this book also! Made this recipe often growing up and when my kids were little. I also still make my tuna sandwiches with hot dog buns....the other recipe I used often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trina,
      ...Thanks for stopping by Affectioknit...it's so nice to 'meet' you...and thanks for reminding me about this little booklet...I need to get it out and make a recipe or two...
      Have a lovely day!
      ~Affectioknit-ly,
      Teresa

      Delete