Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Chair

Do y'all remember the Marty Robbins ballad "the chair"...

I used to listen to Country Radio when I was little and that song gave me the chills - it still does and that's what I thought of when I titled this post. It's actually a Pastor's chair that is hardly ever used - it sits behind the organ and when I play I never sit there - We've used it a couple of times for a visiting pastor at a baptism or wedding - I wonder how it got cracked...

So it sits there every Sunday forlorn and empty...

3 comments:

  1. If you must read books that haven't been read, surely you must sit in chairs that no one sits in. E

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom, how astute of you to say such!!

    yes, i haven't thought of that song in years....yes, it's a pretty dark song. hope you don't think of it often!!! k

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny - I'm reading the Screwtape Letters right now - they're hilarious! I hope I don't think of the song again for a long time - I knew you two would remember it 'though...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete