Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Insulator

There are probably not a lot of people who still know what this is...

It's an old glass insulator they were once used to insulate the telephone lines - this one was picked up by the Man on a walk along the railroad tracks beside his great grandmother's apple orchard in Balsam, NC when we were dating in high school...


If you're looking for the Advent Dove Giveaway - go here and leave a comment http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2008/11/advent-giveway.html

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:03 PM

    i love those! what color is it really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew what it was too. very nice effect in the photo.

    love,k

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me stumped. It’s is quite pretty for the job it did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:30 PM

    I knew what it was right away, too. We used to have a collection of them. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely can't say I would have guessed correctly. It looks kind of like a light bulb or something. Hmm :o) Take care & have a great night!
    xo,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of these in green and clear in my garden. They look really pretty among the flowers with the sun hitting them. I am almost 40 and I know what they are, but then again, I like old stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,I used to have some of those in my room when I was a little girl.Except mine were a beautiful green.

    That snowman army is quite the creative piece of work! Yay for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty young and knew what it was! Our neighbor growing up had a huge collection of them in his barn (probably almost 200).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some of those, my Dad worked for the electric company his whole career:-)

    ReplyDelete