Sunday, November 30, 2008

Smoothie

I'm not really much of a 'smoothie' person...

They're ok once in a while 'though...

I'd been reading on some of the 'raw' sites that I frequent about adding spinach to your smoothies - and I thought 'Eeeeuuuuwww'...

But as more and more of these bloggers continued to rave about it - I had to give it a try...

The ingredients for my smoothie:

Orange Juice
Home made soy yogurt
A handful of pomegranate seeds - we happened to have some leftover from last night's pomegranate munching...
A handful of raspberries
A handful of spinach


Give that a whirl...


It looks just like a chocolate shake doesn't it...

It still had a bit of a 'crunch' to it - but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was - this was my 'breaky' before Church this morning...

I'll be doing this again...


If you're looking for the Advent Dove Giveaway - go here and leave a comment http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2008/11/advent-giveway.html

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it suprising how good a smoothie with spinach can be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kala,

    I was so pleasantly surprised - I'll definitely be doing this again - I even convinced the Man-Cub to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing that spinach made me go "huh"... because my smoothies are usually fruit! I love strawberry/banana with french vanilla yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's pretty strange! good way to get the vitamins, Olive Oyle!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...this looks yummy! I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete