Thursday, November 05, 2015

...Vegan Piloncillo Caramel Icing...

...after I showed you the cute little cones of sugar crust...Piloncillo...the other day...

...I thought they'd be perfect for the Man's favorite Caramel Icing...
...if it's a little bit to hard to chop up...just microwave it for just a few seconds to soften it enough...so you can chop it up with a knife...or you can grate it like I did for my coffee...
...then stir it into some melted Earth Balance...I just subbed Piloncillo for the Brown Sugar but only half as much...it seems sweeter to me than regular sugar and it worked out perfectly...
...stir until dissolved...then add your soymilk and salt...
...then boil it for 2 minutes...
...let it cool and add your powdered sugar...
...stir until creamy icing consistency...
...and spread on your cake...
...we made cute little vegan cupcakes...recipe here...

~Have a lovely day!

PETA Caramel Frosting:

...I can't find the original recipe anymore...the link I had originally doesn't work anymore...luckily I had it copied into my binder...

2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar...or 1/2 cup Piloncillo
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup soy milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

• Melt the margarine in a saucepan.
• Add the brown sugar, salt, and soy milk.
• Bring to a boil over low heat and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Remove from the heat and let cool.
• Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla.
• Beat with an electric handheld mixer for about 3 minutes, until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. The look very cute - I love sweet things!

    ReplyDelete